VA » Health Care » Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas » Features
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
- VA Locomotive Newsletter: Spring/Summer 2015
- The Spring/Summer edition of the VA Locomotive quarterly Veteran newsletter is available. This newsletter is filled with helpful and enlightening information for our Veterans and their families.
- Veteran Town Hall Meeting
- Share your vision for the future VA at a Town Hall for Veterans! Share your ideas and experiences, and meet other Veterans and VA leaders at our VA Outpatient Clinic in Tomball, Texas.
- Coming Soon: A New Conroe VA Clinic Location
- Veterans in Montgomery County, Texas and the surrounding area will soon be able to receive top quality health care at a new VA outpatient clinic location, which will offer Veterans more specialty services.
- Veteran Town Hall Meeting
- Share your vision for the future VA at a Town Hall for Veterans! Share your ideas and experiences, and meet other Veterans and VA leaders at our VA Outpatient Clinic in Beaumont, Texas.
- VA Locomotive Newsletter for Veterans
- The Fall/Winter edition of the VA Locomotive quarterly Veteran newsletter is available. This newsletter is filled with helpful and enlightening information for our Veterans and their families.
- Conroe VA Clinic Expansion
- The VA announced this week that it will expand its Conroe VA Outpatient Clinic to handle the growing Veteran demand for health care in the area.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- VA Remembers America's Fallen on Memorial Day
- Once known as “Decoration Day,” Memorial Day is a time for remembering the people who died while serving in America’s armed forces. Here’s a list of ceremonies in your area.
- 90 Years of VA Research Improves Veterans' Lives
- Did you know VA doctors performed the first successful liver transplant in 1968, and that VA doctors have received the Nobel Prize? Find out more as VA celebrates National VA Research Week.
- He Was Given Two Years to Live…23 Years Ago
- Veteran Roy Jeffers is marking Hepatitis Awareness Month by sharing his brave story with Veterans and their families in the hope that they will learn more and make an appointment to get tested…now!
- Women Veterans Can Be Role Models for Health
- Of the almost 670,000 Women Veterans enrolled with VA, over 400,000 of them utilized VHA health care in 2014. Read here about how they can be role models for health for other women and young girls.
- Honoring VA's Compassionate Professionals
- The thousands of VA nurses who take care of America’s Veterans are skilled, caring professionals. During National Nurses Week, we say “Thank You” for taking care of our heroes.
- 10th Anniversary of VA’s Polytrauma Program
- For ten years, VA’s Polytrauma System of Care has treated Veterans with multiple severe injuries. Two of the hundreds of Veterans who have received care tell their stories of strength and recovery.
- Veteran Re-Connects with Other Women at Vet Center
- After one of the most emotionally challenging jobs in the military left her with PTSD, former sergeant Josie Beatty found help at a Vet Center and learned she did not “have to be super human.”
- Veterans' Real Stories of Strength and Resilience
- Hundreds of Veterans share their experiences with mental health challenges and reaching out for support. On a unique website, you can hear how they started their journeys toward recovery.
- Planting Cabbage on Earth Day in a Healing Ground
- Hundreds of Veterans have found a safe haven for dealing with a variety of issues in a Walla Walla VA “Healing Ground” garden. Thinking about things with the “clarity of fresh air.”
- Veterans and Medical Centers Celebrate Earth Day
- Veterans are seeing green as they join VA Medical Centers across the country in a variety of programs to celebrate Earth Day initiatives that help the planet and create a healing environment.