Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
- Coming Soon: A New Conroe VA Clinic Location
- Veterans in Montgomery County, Texas and the surrounding area will soon be able to receive top quality health care at a new VA outpatient clinic location, which will offer Veterans more specialty services.
- Veteran Town Hall Meeting
- Share your vision for the future VA at a Town Hall for Veterans! Share your ideas and experiences, and meet other Veterans and VA leaders at our VA Outpatient Clinic in Beaumont, Texas.
- Free Flu Shots for Vets
- Flu season is here in Texas and it’s never too early or too late to get your flu shot. Veterans enrolled in VA health care can get a free flu shot at the MEDVAMC in Houston and its outpatient clinics.
- VA Locomotive Newsletter for Veterans
- The Fall/Winter edition of the VA Locomotive quarterly Veteran newsletter is available. This newsletter is filled with helpful and enlightening information for our Veterans and their families.
- Veterans Day Celebration
- Veterans, please join us on November 7th as we celebrate Veterans Day with a special ceremony. This ceremony will include remembrances from the Civil War and Texas Revolution.
- Galveston VA Outpatient Clinic Veterans Fair
- The Galveston VA Outpatient Clinic will host a Veterans Fair on Saturday, November 8, 2014 at the Galveston VA Outpatient Clinic from 9:00 a.m. to noon. This event is open to all Veterans and their friends and families.
- Houston Stand Down for Homeless Vets
- The Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center will be hosting a Stand Down for Homeless Veterans on Friday, October 3 at the Latino Learning Center in Houston, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- "Miracle" Saves Army Veteran's Life
- A groundbreaking surgery at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center recently saved the life of a 66-year-old Army Veteran. "...What they have done for me is nothing short of a Miracle."
- New Dermatology Clinic Open to Veterans
- Veterans coming to Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center (MEDVAMC) for Dermatology treatment will now receive their care in a spacious, modern new clinic on the second floor of the Medical Center.
- DAISY Awards
- The DAISY Award is a very unique and heart-felt way to recognize and reward nurses who go above and beyond for our Veterans!
Photo: DAISY Award winner Brittny Briant with Veteran patient
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Veterans Can Now Track Delivery of Prescriptions
- A VA employee thought if he could track the delivery of his gifts online, why not make it possible for Veterans to track the delivery of their prescriptions the same way? Now, they can.
- Veteran Survived the Battle of the Bulge
- Seventy years ago this month, stubbornly brave American soldiers fought the Battle of the Bulge. Arthur Berkowitz, 91, was one of them. He recalls the battle and a bullet that later shattered his knee.
- Objective: Help improve health care for Veterans
- Over 300,000 Veterans have joined the Million Veteran Program, a partnership between VA and Veterans to establish a database of information which may lead to preventing and treating illnesses in Veterans.
- Seven Ways to Manage Stress during the Holidays
- Holidays should be about family, friends and fun. But what about all those demands and deadlines? Here are some tips to help Veterans and their families manage all that stress, now and all year long.
- USS Arizona Survivor Recalls Pearl Harbor Attack
- Lonnie Cook, 94, is one of nine USS Arizona survivors still living. His plans for a day of liberty in Honolulu came to a halt just before 8:00 on Sunday morning, December 7, 1941.
- At Wyoming VA, No Veteran Dies Alone
- Since 2012, volunteers at the Cheyenne VA Medical Center in Wyoming have been spending hours sitting at the bedside of dying Veterans, keeping them company as they near their final journey.
- Giving Thanks ... with Empathy and Hope
- PJ Johnson knows about recovery. She was hit by a car while undergoing chemotherapy for cancer. During her rehab, the Veterans she usually helps encouraged her to get better and come back to them.
- Brain Bank to Help in Treatment of PTSD
- A new brain bank in Vermont will help with understanding abnormal brain activity in PTSD and could pave the way for new approaches to diagnosis and treatment of individuals with PTSD.
- Quit Smoking for Your Health and Breathe Easier
- November 20th is the Great American Smokeout. Join the Smokeout by quitting or making a plan to quit smoking that day. Succeed with helpful tips from Dr. Timothy P. Carmody.
- Just Saying No to Pain Meds
- Specialists at the VA in Charleston, South Carolina, have helped more than 400 patients ease off their chronic pain medications. How did they do it? The answer might surprise you.