Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
- VA Locomotive Newsletter: Spring/Summer 2015
- The Spring/Summer edition of the VA Locomotive quarterly Veteran newsletter is available. This newsletter is filled with helpful and enlightening information for our Veterans and their families.
- New Appointment Postcards
- The MEDVAMC has recently introduced appointment reminder postcards. Your appointment reminders will now arrive through the U.S. Postal Service on postcards instead of letters.
- Veteran Town Hall Meeting
- Share your vision for the future VA at a Town Hall for Veterans! Share your ideas and experiences, and meet other Veterans and VA leaders at our VA Outpatient Clinic in Tomball, Texas.
- A Modern New Food Management System
- Inpatients at the MEDVAMC will soon notice a number of changes and improvements with the facility’s meal service, due to a new software package designed to improve the quality and delivery of meals.
- Houston VA Goes Red for Women
- On February 6, Veterans and VA employees across the nation, and here in Houston, will be wearing red to raise awareness of heart disease, which is the leading cause of death in women.
- Coming Soon: A New Conroe VA Clinic Location
- Veterans in Montgomery County, Texas and the surrounding area will soon be able to receive top quality health care at a new VA outpatient clinic location, which will offer Veterans more specialty services.
- Veteran Town Hall Meeting
- Share your vision for the future VA at a Town Hall for Veterans! Share your ideas and experiences, and meet other Veterans and VA leaders at our VA Outpatient Clinic in Beaumont, Texas.
- Free Flu Shots for Vets
- Flu season is here in Texas and it’s never too early or too late to get your flu shot. Veterans enrolled in VA health care can get a free flu shot at the MEDVAMC in Houston and its outpatient clinics.
- VA Locomotive Newsletter for Veterans
- The Fall/Winter edition of the VA Locomotive quarterly Veteran newsletter is available. This newsletter is filled with helpful and enlightening information for our Veterans and their families.
- Veterans Day Celebration
- Veterans, please join us on November 7th as we celebrate Veterans Day with a special ceremony. This ceremony will include remembrances from the Civil War and Texas Revolution.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Veteran Re-Connects with Other Women at Vet Center
- After one of the most emotionally challenging jobs in the military left her with PTSD, former sergeant Josie Beatty found help at a Vet Center and learned she did not “have to be super human.”
- Veterans' Real Stories of Strength and Resilience
- Hundreds of Veterans share their experiences with mental health challenges and reaching out for support. On a unique website, you can hear how they started their journeys toward recovery.
- Planting Cabbage on Earth Day in a Healing Ground
- Hundreds of Veterans have found a safe haven for dealing with a variety of issues in a Walla Walla VA “Healing Ground” garden. Thinking about things with the “clarity of fresh air.”
- Veterans and Medical Centers Celebrate Earth Day
- Veterans are seeing green as they join VA Medical Centers across the country in a variety of programs to celebrate Earth Day initiatives that help the planet and create a healing environment.
- Do You Know How Much Salt is in that Soup?
- With K-rations, you ate what you got. Today, Veterans can make smart decisions about the food they put in their body. Here’s a quick and easy summary of how to read those Nutrition Facts Labels.
- World War II Vet Says Volunteering Keeps Him Alive
- Ninety-two-year-old Orville Swett, a retired optician, has been volunteering at the VA eye clinic in Daytona Beach for 25 years. His job? Adjusting glasses for Veterans who visit the clinic.
- Dedicated Volunteers Serve Veterans for Decades
- Volunteering: the ultimate exercise in democracy. We may vote in elections once a year, but when we volunteer, we vote every day for the kind of community we want to live in.
- How Occupational Therapy Works for You
- VA's occupational therapists help Veterans participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities and occupations. Read on to learn how they do it.
- National Public Health Week - Five Days to Health
- Veterans, how many times do you exercise per week? Immunizations up to date? When was the last time you got tested for HIV? Here's VA's “Five Days to Health” challenge to help build a healthier you.
- Goal: Satisfying Sexual Relationship
- Many Veterans struggle with sexuality in their relationships. Two VA psychologists assert that a satisfying sexual relationship strengthens the whole family and it needs to be addressed.