Teen Volunteer Program
High school students under the age of 18 are eligible to apply for our Summer Teen Volunteer Program. Each year students must apply (this includes returning students) in order to be considered for the current year’s Summer Teen Program.
Our teen volunteers have the opportunity to learn the importance of ethics and confidentiality, professional behavior and appearance, proper interaction-including age-specific competencies, infection control, fire safety and security.
How to become a teen volunteer:
- If you are interested in participating in the Summer Teen Volunteer Program, questionnaires will be accepted beginning in February of each year
- Our mandatory orientation is held in early June (Mandatory Orientation attendance is required)
- The Summer Teen Volunteer Program runs from June through August
- During the summer, teens can volunteer during the morning and/or afternoon shifts, but cannot exceed 8 hours per day; No weekend volunteer opportunities available
- Teens may volunteer in a variety of areas, including clerical and nursing units
- Complete and submit the Summer Teen Student Volunteer Questionnaire by the deadline
- SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE AND/OR ILLEGIBLE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED, NO EXCEPTIONS
- Must be at least 14 years of age by June 1 of the current year’s program in which applying
- Must wear uniform consisting of Khaki color pants (student must provide) and Maroon colored T-Shirt and polo shirt (1 each will be provided by Voluntary Service, additional shirts may be purchased at students expense)
- Must commit and complete 4 weeks and 100 hours over the summerMust submit most recent copy of student report card
- Must attend mandatory orientation
- Must arrive on time to orientation, if you are more than 30 minutes late to orientation, you will not be allowed into the summer program, no exceptions
- Questionnaires must be received by the deadline (SUBMISSIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED, NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Due to the high volume of submissions, questionnaires received after the deadline will not be accepted, No Exceptions
- Certificate for completing program
- Volunteer Pin(s)
- Print out of Hours
- Free Parking
- Free Voluntary Service T-shirt and Polo 1 each (Student may also purchase additional T-Shirt/Polo from Voluntary Service at their own expense)
How to apply: To apply for this program click HERE.