The staff at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center have provided a number of ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and self-manage your own health.
MyHealtheVet is an Internet-based program that helps you work better with your health care providers and your family to achieve the best possible health. This website can help you access a Veterans' Health Library with medical conditions, medications, health news, and preventive health; use tools such as our online Prescription Refill, health calculators, and self-assessment tools; and link easily to benefits and resources available in VA and other federal sources.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to:
• Refill VA prescriptions online
• View your VA appointments
• Secure messaging which allows VA patients an VA health care teams to communicate non-urgent, health related information in a private and safe computer environment
• Keep personal food and activity journals
• Monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
• Maintain your own self-entered personal health record
Your MyHealtheVet Coordinator is Curtis Bergeron. He can be reached at (713) 791-1414, ext. 26348 or by email at Curtis.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support Group Meetings
The Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center offers a wide variety of support groups for both Veterans and family members. Talk with a social worker in your Prime Care Clinic for more information. Support Group Meetings
Personal Best Newsletters
Personal Best Newsletters are published quarterly and contain a wealth of health care information. These newsletters are made available through the Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Program. Personal Best Newsletters