Groundbreaking for New Lufkin VA Clinic
In late August 2007, the Department of Veterans Affairs awarded Don Langston Construction, Inc. the contract to build a new community based outpatient clinic for veterans in the Lufkin and Nacogdoches area.
Projected to be completed in 2009, the clinic will be located on approximately seven acres of land at 2206 John Redditt Drive. Once completed, this 37,000 square-foot facility will replace the current Lufkin clinic located at 1301 West Frank Avenue and 1514 Ellis Avenue.
Langston Construction, located at 1000 South Medford Drive in Lufkin, has built other medical facilities in the area including the Woodland Heights Medical Center, the Palmer Dental Clinic, and the Croley Dental Office in Lufkin, and the Livingston Pediatric Clinic in Livingston, Texas.
The VA outpatient clinic in Lufkin, activated in 1991, was officially renamed under Public Law 108-422 (S. 424) in honor of former U.S. Representative Charles Wilson. A renaming ceremony was held on July 7, 2005.
The Charles Wilson VA Outpatient Clinic in Lufkin provides primary care, laboratory, radiology, pharmacy, social work, nutrition, and mental health services to veterans in the area. In fiscal year 2007, there were more than 45,000 outpatient visits to the clinic.
# # #