Military Families Coping with Change: OEF/OIF Family Night
May 8, 2009
||Friday, May 29, 2009
||6 – 7 p.m.
||Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, 4th Floor Auditorium (Take main elevators to 4th Floor)
||Free and convenient parking at the MEDVAMC
||Tommie Gonzalez, LMSW, 713-791-1414, ext. 15047 or Cheryl Houlette, LCSW, (713) 794-7075
- Sesame Street t-shirts and other materials for children.
- Refreshments provided.
- OEF/OIF service members, veterans, and families with children ages 2-8 years old are encouraged to attend.
- Sesame Workshop’s "Coming Home: Military Families Cope with Change” Screening. This video is part of Sesame Street Workshop's Talk, Listen, and Connect initiative for military families. The special includes some of children's favorite Sesame Street friends-Elmo and Rosita! It also includes video material that will prompt many questions, such as families dealing with visible physical and invisible injuries.
||We would like to know whether the program was engaging and helpful to military families with young children (ages 2-8). We are also looking for 8-10 families to participate in a brief focus group and evaluation immediately after the film. Please let any of the facilitators at the event know if you wish to participate in the evaluation/focus group, 7-8 p.m.
Please RSVP to Rose Bush at (713) 794-7034 or Rose.Bush@va.gov by Tuesday, May 27, 2009.
- Name of service member or veteran:
- Last 4 of social security number:
- Will spouse attend?
- How many children will attend with you?
- Ages of children?
- Will you participate in the Volunteer Focus Group?