Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Post-Deployment Clinic Support Team
January 11, 2013
Please consider inviting the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center (MEDVAMC) Post-Deployment Clinic Support Team to your next outreach event! We want each and every returning Veteran to know we are here for them.
The MEDVAMC Post-Deployment Clinic serves as a “one-stop” center and assists returning OEF/OIF/OND Veterans with a smooth transition from active duty to civilian life.
The Post-Deployment Clinic Support Team:
• Helps returning Veterans identify, as quickly as possible, any injuries they may have sustained in combat.
• Provides information or assistance from career resources, education, home loans, compensation & pension, counseling services, and health care.
• Performs evaluations tailored to a Veteran’s physical, mental, and social needs.
• Getting Veterans to enroll with VA to receive care. Most are focused on returning to their families, jobs, and their lives.
• Many returning Veterans are not aware of the services and benefits available to them.
Did you know the Post-Deployment Clinic Support Team:
• Proactively meets with local Reserve and National Guard Units before and after deployment to brief about available VA benefits
• Attends meetings of various community and Veterans groups in an attempt to contact eligible Veterans who have not yet enrolled for VA care.
For more information, contact the Post-Deployment Clinic Support Team at e-mail at vhahouOEFOIF@va.gov or 713-794-7034.