Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Current Operating Status
As of Monday, October 19, 2020 1:32 PM CDT
This page is designated for imminent emergency situations that may impact operations, such as hurricanes, and will be updated when we have an emergency or when the emergency has passed.
Veterans who are experiencing medical or mental health emergencies are asked to visit the nearest emergency room or dial 9-1-1.
Facility Operations During COVID-19
Your Houston VA Medical Center and Community Based Outpatient Clinics are here to meet your health care needs. While many of our Veteran appointments are being performed virtually via our VA Video Connect app or telephone, we are open for necessary appointments, medical procedures, diagnostic imaging, and other services necessary to manage the health of our Veteran patients.
For updated information on COVID-19, please visit our prepare for your visit page.
Veterans can contact the Clinical Contact Center and Centralized Scheduling line at 713-794-8985 to cancel or reschedule any clinic appointment at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center (MEDVAMC) in Houston and all our VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC).
Hurricane Season is here! Now is the time to ensure your hurricane preparedness plans are in place. Please visit our hurricane preparedness page for more information that could be beneficial during and after severe weather or other emergencies.
Sign-up for automatic emergency email updates by filling in your email address in the “Emergency Email Updates” section, located at the top right corner of this page.
|Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center||Normal Hours|
|Beaumont Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Conroe Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Galveston Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Katy Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Lake Jackson Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Lufkin Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Richmond Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Tomball Outpatient Clinic||Normal Hours|
|Houston West Vet Center 711||Normal Hours|
|Houston Southwest Vet Center 710||Normal Hours|
|Houston Vet Center 731||Normal Hours|
|Beaumont Vet Center||Normal Hours|
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 713-794-8985 or 1-800-639-5137
- Change Your Appointment: 713-794-8985 or 1-800-639-5137
- Media Inquiries: 713-794-7349
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 713-794-8736
- Pharmacy Refill: 713-794-7648 or 1-800-454-1062
- Staff Locator: 1-866-233-0152
- Telephone Care: 713-794-8985 or 1-800-639-5137
- VA Police: 713-794-7106
- Employee Helpline: 1-866-233-0152
Helpful Weather Web sites
- National Weather Service
- National Hurricane Center - Eastern Pacific Report
- Atlantic Tropical Weather Outlook
- Radio: Houston’s two local Emergency Alert System (EAS) stations are KUHF 88.7FM and KTRH 740AM.
- KRIV_TV, FOX Ch. 26
- KHOU-TV, CBS Ch. 11
- KPRC-TV, NBC Ch. 2
- KTRK-TV, ABC Ch. 13
- KIAH-TV, CW Ch. 39
- KTMD-TV, Telemundo Ch. 47
- Houston Chronicle
- KTRE-TV/Lufkin, Ch. 9
- KLTV-TV/Lufkin, Ch. 7
- Lufkin Daily News
- KBTV-TV/Beaumont, FOX Ch. 4
- KFDM-TV/Beaumont, CBS Ch. 6
- KBMT-TC/Beaumont, ABC Ch. 12
- Beaumont Enterprise
Preparedness Guides & Information
- 211: Finding Help in Texas
- American Red Cross Prepare for Emergencies
- CenterPoint Energy Electric Outage Center
- CDC: Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Caring for Animals During an Emergency
- Disaster Preparedness for Pets
- Harris County Family Flood Preparedness Plan
- Hurricane Preparedness: MEDVAMC
- Hurricane Preparedness: FEMA
- Interactive Evacuation Map
- NWS: Hurricane Preparedness
Other VA Services
It is the Department of Veterans Affair's fourth mission to provide contingency support to the Department of Defense and the Public Health Service during times of disaster or national emergency.