VA » Health Care » Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas » Features
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
- Veterans Use Post-it Notes to Thank VA
- My care at this VA is the best I’ve ever had.” “I’m alive because of this VA.” These sentiments and hundreds of others are featured on Post-It notes now on display outside the Canteen cafeteria at the Houston VA.
- Two Additional New Hybrid Operating Rooms
- MEDVAMC officially opened two additional Hybrid Operating Rooms. They are equipped with advanced medical imaging devices and other high tech surgical equipment, enabling surgeons to perform minimally-invasive surgeries.
- Telehealth COPD Pilot Program Changes Lives
- The MEDVAMC recently launched a new Telehealth Pulmonary Rehabilitation Pilot Program to more effectively treat Veterans who have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and are struggling to breathe.
- More Marriage and Family Counseling at Houston VA
- The Houston VA offers expanded services to Veterans and families. Among 85 new mental health providers is a team of licensed marriage and family therapists committed to helping Veterans improve family relationships.
- POW/MIA Recognition Day Observance
- Houston VA will be honoring the commitment and sacrifices made by all our nation’s prisoners of war and those who are still missing in action at the POW/MIA Recognition Day event on Friday, September 21, 2018.
- Veteran Town Hall September 2018
- The Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center is hosting a town hall meeting on September 13, 2018 for Veterans and family members to share ideas and experiences, and meet other Veterans and VA leaders.
- Veteran Town Hall August 2018
- The Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center is hosting a town hall meeting in Katy, Texas on August 9, 2018 for Veterans and family members to share ideas and experiences, and meet other Veterans and VA leaders.
- MEDVAMC Employees Inspired by Kenya Mission Trip
- Three registered nurses and a doctor from Houston’s Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center recently travelled to Africa on a mission to help others and ended up having the experience of a lifetime.
- Houston VAMC Nursing Home Receives 5 Star Rating
- The Houston VAMC nursing home received 5 stars as part of its annual performance rating. The announcement comes after VA extended its record of transparency disclosures by making its annual nursing home ratings public.
- MyHealtheVet Team Partners with NASA Group
- The MyHealtheVet Team at the Houston VA Medical Center recently partnered with a NASA Group, Connecting Veterans Employee Resource Group, to inform Veterans of their VA health care benefits.