VA » Health Care » Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas » Features
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
- Gulf War Veteran Engagement Sessions
- The Houston VA will be the site of two special Veteran Engagement Sessions aimed at gathering information from Gulf War Veterans and their family members on February 5th and 6th (2019).
- Help Prevent Veteran Suicide
- Houston VA is committed to doing everything we can to prevent Veteran suicide. Our suicide prevention coordinators engage in Veteran outreach, provide support and monitor for at-risk Vets. But, we need your help, too.
- Veterans Use Post-it Notes to Thank VA
- My care at this VA is the best I’ve ever had.” “I’m alive because of this VA.” These sentiments and hundreds of others are featured on Post-It notes now on display outside the Canteen cafeteria at the Houston VA.
- Two Additional New Hybrid Operating Rooms
- MEDVAMC officially opened two additional Hybrid Operating Rooms. They are equipped with advanced medical imaging devices and other high tech surgical equipment, enabling surgeons to perform minimally-invasive surgeries.
- Telehealth COPD Pilot Program Changes Lives
- The MEDVAMC recently launched a new Telehealth Pulmonary Rehabilitation Pilot Program to more effectively treat Veterans who have Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and are struggling to breathe.
- More Marriage and Family Counseling at Houston VA
- The Houston VA offers expanded services to Veterans and families. Among 85 new mental health providers is a team of licensed marriage and family therapists committed to helping Veterans improve family relationships.
- POW/MIA Recognition Day Observance
- Houston VA will be honoring the commitment and sacrifices made by all our nation’s prisoners of war and those who are still missing in action at the POW/MIA Recognition Day event on Friday, September 21, 2018.
- Veteran Town Hall September 2018
- The Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center is hosting a town hall meeting on September 13, 2018 for Veterans and family members to share ideas and experiences, and meet other Veterans and VA leaders.
- Veteran Town Hall August 2018
- The Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center is hosting a town hall meeting in Katy, Texas on August 9, 2018 for Veterans and family members to share ideas and experiences, and meet other Veterans and VA leaders.
- MEDVAMC Employees Inspired by Kenya Mission Trip
- Three registered nurses and a doctor from Houston’s Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center recently travelled to Africa on a mission to help others and ended up having the experience of a lifetime.