VA » Health Care » Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas » Features
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
- Valet Parking Resumes at Houston VAMC
- Great news for our Veteran patients! Our valet parking will resume on Monday, August 2nd! Valet parking will be available at our main entrance, Monday-Friday, 5:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m., and will be closed on federal holidays.
- VA brings light and hope for homeless Navy Veteran
- Navy Veteran Robert Wade spent his nights sleeping in a tent and was homeless for more than a decade. 2021 brought even more challenges as he began to lose his sight and eventually could no longer see due to cataracts.
- VA Hosts Listening Session
- Houston VA is hosting a virtual listening session to hear from Veterans on how to design a health care system of the future and grow services for Veterans that reinforces VA’s role as a health care leader.
- COVID Vaccine Update
- Congress has passed a new law, the SAVE LIVES act, that allows Houston VA to offer COVID-19 vaccines to Veterans who are not enrolled in VA health care, along with some spouses and caregivers and CHAMPVA beneficiaries.
- Paralyzed Veteran Learns to Ski During Pandemic
- Veteran Nathan Turner, Jr. grew up participating in many sports until an injury changed his life. Learning to ski during the pandemic helped him regain his excitement and adrenaline of being an athlete.
- Caring for Veterans During the Pandemic
- While a surge of COVID-19 cases is affecting hospitals around the country, the Houston VA Medical Center is staying atop the wave, thanks to preparation and lessons learned since the pandemic began.
- Fighting the Flu Together
- During flu season, protecting your health and the health of your family and friends with a flu shot is easier than ever. You can get your flu shot at your VA appointment or at a Walgreens or other pharmacy near you.
- Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT) Workshops
- Acceptance and Commitment Training (ACT) Workshops help Veterans going through surgery. The workshops involve Veterans who are experiencing distress and/or high pain levels prior to surgery.
- Houston VA Begins Clinical Trial for COVID-19
- Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center is the first VA facility to participate in a clinical trial evaluating the therapeutic benefit of an immunomodulator drug, Tocilizumab, as a treatment for Veterans with COVID-19.
- Beaumont VA Clinic Now Open!
- Tropical Storm Imelda forced Beaumont VA Clinic to see Veterans out of tents for eight and half months. Gone now is any trace of the tents in the parking lot. The Beaumont clinic is open for business.