VA » Health Care » Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas » Features
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
- Crisscross Organ Swap Alters Navy Veterans’ Lives
- At the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston, a dedicated team of specialists conducts the VA’s first single-center paired kidney exchange, altering two Navy Veterans' lives forever.
- Paralyzed Veteran Now a Marathoner
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games have given Army Veteran Candice Caesar a new social circle and extended family—but the inspiring part is what she’s overcome after being paralyzed in a motor vehicle accident.
- Adam’s Corner Lets Kids be Kids
- Houston VA Fisher House III recently opened an area solely dedicated to children—a place where they can play, read, and just be kids while Veterans and family members manage medical care.
- Free Flu Shots for Veterans
- Veterans get your flu vaccines Today! Protect yourself and your loved ones from the flu virus. Flu is a contagious respiratory disease that can lead to serious illness, hospitalization, or even death.
- Beaumont Staff Continue Caring for Veterans
- Tropical Storm Imelda may have flooded the Beaumont VA Outpatient Clinic, but it didn’t dampen the spirits of the Beaumont staff as it continues to provide exceptional service to area Veterans.
- Mayor's Challenge to Prevent Veteran Suicide
- The Houston VA is working closely with the City of Houston and other local agencies to increase suicide awareness and prevention support for Veterans, servicemembers and their families.
- Palliative Care Veteran Support Group
- The Houston VA has a new support group for Veterans living with life-limiting & life-threatening illnesses. The Palliative Care Veteran Support Group “Finding a Path Through the Wilderness” will be held every Wednesday.
- Building Camaraderie through Hoops
- Houston VA Medical Center Veterans took to the court to showcase skills, compete for bragging rights, and enjoy camaraderie with one another during the 2019 Health Care for Homeless Veterans Fall Basketball Tournament.
- VHA Goes Smoke-Free
- VHA is working to make sure all its facilities become smoke-free to protect the safety and health of our community. The policy goes into effect Oct. 1 and is consistent with our mission to promote a healthy environment.
- “LGBTQ Health Care Equality Leader” Designation
- The Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center (MEDVAMC) earned a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation (HRC) Health Care Equality Index, earning the “LGBTQ Health Care Equality Leader” designation.