VA » Health Care » Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas » Features
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
- Psychology Now More Available for Vets
- Mental health is good medicine. That’s a mantra of Houston VA Medical Center and it’s putting mental health providers throughout the hospital—making it easier than ever to receive these services.
- Local Vet Wins Gold at National Arts Competition
- Vietnam Veteran William Elliott won a gold medal for his entry in the National Veterans’ Creative Arts Festival - a linocut print titled “Alas, Curiosity.” His piece will be on display at the festival in October.
- Fisher House a Blessing for two Vietnam Veterans
- For two Army Vietnam Veterans fighting cancer, living at the Houston VA Fisher House has been a game changer. They currently reside in Fisher House III and have come a long way since their initial cancer diagnosis.
- Veteran Town Hall September 2019
- The Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center is hosting a town hall meeting in Beaumont, Texas on Setpember 5 for Veterans and family members to share ideas and experiences and meet other Veterans and VA leaders.
- WISER & ROVER Take Treatment to Next Level
- Women’s Inpatient Specialty Environment of Recovery (WISER) and Returning OEF/OIF/OND Veterans’ Environment of Recovery (ROVER) are five-week inpatient trauma treatment programs that each accommodate up to 10 patients.
- VA MISSION Act Urgent Care Benefits
- The urgent care benefit covers treatment of non-emergent symptoms such as flu-like symptoms (coughs and colds), wheezing, sprains, sore throats, painful urination, bumps and bruises, ear pain, and mild skin irritations.
- VA Locomotive: May 2019
- The May 2019 edition of the VA Locomotive Veteran newsletter is available. This newsletter is filled with helpful and enlightening information for our Veterans and their families.
- VA Mission Act
- The MISSION Act strengthens VA’s ability to deliver trusted, easy to access, high quality care at VA, virtually through telehealth & in the community. Get the care & services you need, where & when you need them.
- Memorial Day Service
- A Memorial Day Service to honor fallen service members will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, May 27, at Houston National Cemetery, 10410 Veterans Memorial Drive. The Memorial Day Observance is free & open to the public.
- Tele-mental Health: Makes it Easier to Get Care
- Veterans who have a computer, smart phone, or tablet now have access to mental health services from the MEDVAMC. It’s tele-mental health, and it’s helped nearly 1,000 Houston-area Veterans get the care they need.