VA » Health Care » Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas » Features
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
- From Depressed to Content, One Vet’s Journey
- Army Veteran Lonnie Conerly had to overcome bipolar disorder, a crack cocaine addiction, and years of homelessness, and prison time to get back on his feet. May his journey be an inspiration to others.
- Precise Robotic Knee Surgery Fast-Tracks Recovery
- New robotic technology at the Houston VA is ensuring Veterans undergoing knee replacement surgeries experience less pain and recover faster. It creates a 3-D image of a patient’s anatomy for a personalized surgical plan.
- Houston VA’s Breast Imaging Saves Lives
- In the two-plus years that the Houston VA’s Breast Imaging Center has been in operation, more than 14,000 breast exams have been performed and the Center has become a model of care across the nation’s VAs.
- Veteran Town Hall December 2019
- The Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center is hosting a town hall meeting in Lufkin, Texas on December 5 for Veterans and family members to share ideas and experiences and meet other Veterans and VA leaders.
- Having Someone to Talk to Saves a Veteran’s Life
- Houston VA’s Virtual Depression Care Management program is a team of psychiatric nurses who reach out to mental health patients. One nurse recently came face-to-face with a Vet whose life he has helped save twice.
- Crisscross Organ Swap Alters Navy Veterans’ Lives
- At the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston, a dedicated team of specialists conducts the VA’s first single-center paired kidney exchange, altering two Navy Veterans' lives forever.
- Paralyzed Veteran Now a Marathoner
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games have given Army Veteran Candice Caesar a new social circle and extended family—but the inspiring part is what she’s overcome after being paralyzed in a motor vehicle accident.
- Adam’s Corner Lets Kids be Kids
- Houston VA Fisher House III recently opened an area solely dedicated to children—a place where they can play, read, and just be kids while Veterans and family members manage medical care.
- Free Flu Shots for Veterans
- Veterans get your flu vaccines Today! Protect yourself and your loved ones from the flu virus. Flu is a contagious respiratory disease that can lead to serious illness, hospitalization, or even death.
- Beaumont Staff Continue Caring for Veterans
- Tropical Storm Imelda may have flooded the Beaumont VA Outpatient Clinic, but it didn’t dampen the spirits of the Beaumont staff as it continues to provide exceptional service to area Veterans.