VA » Health Care » Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas » Features
Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
- Houston VA Achieves Magnet® Recognition
- Houston VA achieves Magnet recognition again in 2019. The Magnet Recognition Program® distinguishes health care organizations that meet rigorous standards for nursing excellence.
- Million Veteran Program Enrolls 24,000th Member
- Million Veteran Program (MVP) at MEDVAMC recently enrolled its 24,000th member, bringing the nationwide total to more than 730,000 Veterans. MVP is a genome study with the goal of enrolling one million Veterans.
- Mental Health Recovery Journey Through Art
- All Veterans, their family members, and the entire Veteran community are encouraged to submit your art for inclusion in a special Mental Health Month Art Display on the walls of the VA Hospital.
- Social Workers Change Lives
- March is National Social Work Month! Our social workers are involved in nearly every aspect of Veteran care. They are a diverse group, ranging in specialties from mental health counseling to housing homeless Veterans.
- Ceremony Honoring Vietnam Veterans
- Houston National Cemetery will host a ceremony to thank and honor Veterans of the Vietnam War, including Prisoners of War and those Missing in Action on Monday, March 25, at 8:45 a.m.
- International Women’s Day 2019
- International Women’s Day celebrated women and the multiple hats they wear. A common thread throughout the event was to lighten up, focus on what is important and don’t be afraid to be the first to accomplish something.
- Guitars for Vets
- Guitars for Vets provides 10 individual guitar lessons to Veterans struggling with physical injuries or emotional distress. Once lessons have been completed, the Veteran receives a free acoustic guitar.
- VA Dental Services Come to Conroe
- Veterans seeking VA dental services can now receive their care in our Conroe VA Outpatient Clinic. A new dental expansion opened at the clinic a few short weeks ago to the delight of Veterans who live in the area.
- Gulf War Veteran Engagement Sessions
- The Houston VA will be the site of two special Veteran Engagement Sessions aimed at gathering information from Gulf War Veterans and their family members on February 5th and 6th (2019).
- Help Prevent Veteran Suicide
- Houston VA is committed to doing everything we can to prevent Veteran suicide. Our suicide prevention coordinators engage in Veteran outreach, provide support and monitor for at-risk Vets. But, we need your help, too.