Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Beaumont VA Clinic
Use live video to meet with your doctor from wherever you are! Find out more about VA Video Connect.
- Primary care services for veterans
- Behavioral Health services including individual, and group counseling
- Women's Health
- Tele-Health Services
- Handicapped Accessible
- Audiology Services
- Prosthetic Services (Basic)
- General Diagnostic Radiology
- Retinal Imaging for Diabetic patients
- Laboratory: Blood drawing services available
- Home Based Primary Care
- Social Work Services including individual and group counseling
- General Diagnostic Radiology
- Substance Use Disorder
- Nutrition Education
- Pharmacy: New or Urgent prescriptions available onsite. Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or My HealtheVet
- Optician Services
- Claims and benefits counseling (Texas Veterans Commission)
How to Make Appointments
- Call the Network Telecare and Appointment Center at 713-794-8985 or toll free 1-800-639-5137
- Just like any private doctor’s office, the Beaumont VA Outpatient Clinic Prime Care Teams are designed to see patients by appointment. Although we will do our best to accommodate you if you come in as a walk-in, we cannot guarantee how long your wait might be. That is why we encourage you to contact the Telecare Appointment Center to schedule an appointment and avoid long wait times.
- If, for some reason, you cannot keep your appointment, please immediately call the Network Telecare and Appointment Center and choose Option 3, to reschedule or cancel. Please cancel at least 24 hours in advance so we can offer your appointment to another Veteran.
We are now capable of providing flu shots. Please notify your Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) if you are interested. For more information about influenza and the flu vaccine, contact the Preventive Medicine Program at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center at 713-794-8768 or visit the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/flu.
The Beaumont VA Outpatient Clinic does not dispense medication - all prescriptions will be mailed to you. Prescriptions can be refilled by three different ways:
1. Logon to www.myhealth.va.gov via My Health-E Vet
2. Contact the automated telephone refill line 713-794-7648 or
Toll Free 1-800-454-1062
3. Mail in the refill form (this paperwork arrives with medications in the mail).
VA will not fill or rewrite prescriptions prescribed by your private physician. The VA will provide medications that are prescribed by VA providers in conjunction with VA medical care.
Emergency Situations/Urgent Care
The Beaumont VA Outpatient Clinic is not equipped to handle life-threatening emergencies. If you have a life-threatening emergency, immediately call 911. To contact the VA Suicide Prevention Hotline 24-hours a day, seven days a week, please call 1-800-273-8255.
If you have medical problems after hours and cannot wait until your next appointment, you can speak with professionally trained registered nurses at the Network Telecare and Appointment Center to help answer your non-emergency, health care questions 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Dial (713) 794-8985 or toll-free 1 (800) 639-5137.
Network Telecare and Appointment Center: 713-794-8985 or toll-free 1-800-639-5137
Veterans Crisis Line: Toll-free 1-800-273-TALK (8255)