Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Charles Wilson VA Outpatient Clinic
- Primary care services for Veterans
- Behavioral Health services including individual, and group therapy and addiction counseling
- Women's Health
- Tele-Health Services
- Handicapped Accessible
- Pharmacy: New or Urgent prescriptions available onsite. Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or My HealtheVet
- Audiology Services
- Prosthetic Services
- General Diagnostic Radiology, Mammography
- Laboratory: Specimen collection and onsite processing
- Retinal Imaging
How to Make Appointments
- Call the Network Telecare and Appointment Center at 713-794-8985 or toll free 1-800-639-5137
- Just like any private doctor’s office, the Charles Wilson VA Outpatient Clinic Prime Care Teams are designed to see patients by appointment. Although we will do our best to accommodate you if you come in as a walk-in, we cannot guarantee how long your wait might be. That is why we encourage you to contact your PACT Team Clerk to schedule an appointment and avoid long wait times.
- If, for some reason, you cannot keep your appointment, please immediately call your assigned PACT Team Clerk to reschedule or cancel your appointment. Please cancel at least 24 hours in advance so we can offer your appointment to another Veteran.
We are now capable of providing flu shots. Please notify your Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) if you are interested. For more information about influenza and the flu vaccine, contact the Preventive Medicine Program at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center at 713-794-8768 or visit the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/flu.
The Charles Wilson VA Outpatient Clinic dispenses new and urgent prescriptions written by your PACT provider. Routine prescription refills will be mailed to you. Prescriptions can be refilled by three different ways:
1. Logon to www.myhealth.va.gov via My Health-E Vet
2. Contact the automated telephone refill line 713-794-7648 or
Toll Free 1-800-454-1062
3. Mail in the refill form (this paperwork arrives with medications in the mail).
VA will not fill prescriptions written by your private physician until they have been reviewed and authorized by your VA provider.
Emergency Situations/Urgent Care
The Charles Wilson VA Outpatient Clinic is not equipped to handle life-threatening emergencies. If you have a life-threatening emergency, immediately call 911. To contact the VA Suicide Prevention Hotline 24-hours a day, seven days a week, please call 1-800-273-8255.
If you have medical problems after hours and cannot wait until your next appointment, you can speak with professionally trained registered nurses at the Network Telecare and Appointment Center to help answer health care questions 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Dial (713) 794-8985 or toll-free 1 (800) 639-5137.
PACT Team Angelina: 936-671-4392
PACT Team Azalea: 936-671-4393
PACT Team Caddo: 936-671-4309
PACT Team Dogwood: 936-671-4390
PACT Team Rayburn: 936-671-4391
PACT Team Sabine: 936-671-4308
Mental Health: 936-671-4358
After Hours: Network Telecare and Appointment Center: 713-794-8985 or toll-free 1-800-639-5137
Veterans Crisis Line: Toll-free 1-800-273-TALK (8255)