Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Conroe VA Clinic
Use live video to meet with your doctor from wherever you are! Find out more about VA Video Connect.
- Primary care services for Veterans
- Behavioral Health services including individual, and group counseling
- Specialty Mental Health Groups including PTSD, SUD, Anger Management
- Women's Health
- MST Services
- Tele-Health Services
- Handicapped Accessible
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or My HealtheVet
- Audiology Services
- General Diagnostic Radiology/Fluoroscopy***
- Retinal Imaging
- Laboratory: Blood drawing services available ***
- Specialty PA’s *
- Orthopedic *
- Podiatry *
- ENT *
- OEF/OIF PCSW CASE MGMNT **
- MOVE! Program
- Diagnostic ultrasound - no transvaginal ***
- CT Radiology, with/without contrast ***
- Occupational and Physical Therapy *
- Optical shop (contract)
- Home Based Primary Care **
- Limited prosthetic services *
- Home Telehealth care coordinator (referred by PCP) **
- Blood thinner/Diabetes surveillance **
- Claims and benefits counseling (Texas Veterans Commission)
- Sleep Clinic, take home system *
- Dental – Requires special eligibility
** denotes referral required
*** denotes current orders required
How to Make Appointments
- Call Centralized Scheduling at 713-794-8985 or toll free 1-800-639-5137
- Just like any private doctor’s office, the Conroe VA Outpatient Clinic Prime Care Teams are designed to see patients by appointment. Although we will do our best to accommodate you if you come in as a walk-in, we cannot guarantee how long your wait might be. That is why we encourage you to contact Centralized Scheduling to schedule an appointment and avoid long wait times.
- If, for some reason, you cannot keep your appointment, please immediately call Centralized Scheduling and choose Option 3, to reschedule or cancel. Please cancel at least 24 hours in advance so we can offer your appointment to another Veteran.
We are now capable of providing flu shots. Please notify your Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) if you are interested. For more information about influenza and the flu vaccine, contact the Preventive Medicine Program at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center at 713-794-8768 or visit the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/flu.
The Conroe VA Outpatient Clinic does not dispense medication - all prescriptions will be mailed to you. Prescriptions can be refilled by three different ways:
1. Logon to www.myhealth.va.gov via My Health-E Vet
2. Contact the automated telephone refill line 713-794-7648 or
Toll Free 1-800-454-1062
3. Mail in the refill form (this paperwork arrives with medications in the mail).
VA will not fill or rewrite prescriptions prescribed by your private physician. The VA will provide medications that are prescribed by VA providers in conjunction with VA medical care.
Emergency Situations/Urgent Care
The Conroe VA Outpatient Clinic is not equipped to handle life-threatening emergencies. If you have a life-threatening emergency, immediately call 911. To contact the VA Suicide Prevention Hotline 24-hours a day, seven days a week, please call 1-800-273-8255.
If you have medical problems after hours and cannot wait until your next appointment, you can speak with professionally trained registered nurses at the Clinical Contact Center to help answer your non-emergency, health care questions 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Dial (713) 794-8985 or toll-free 1 (800) 639-5137.
We continue to closely monitor the number of visitors to our facilities in order to ensure the safety of our Veterans and staff. Everyone entering our facilities are screened and visitors are limited. Face coverings are mandatory. Patients coming in for appointments are allowed to bring in one visitor or family member with them if they need assistance due to a physical disability, mental disability or if they are having an outpatient procedure. No visitors under the age of 18 are permitted.
Clinical Contact Center and Centralized Scheduling (formerly Telecare): 713-794-8985 or toll-free 1-800-639-5137
Veterans Crisis Line: Toll-free 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Patient Visit Surveys
After your visit, you may receive a questionnaire or survey about your most recent visit. We encourage Veterans to use these surveys to let us know of any concerns, complaints, or questions you have about your care, so that we can resolve them. We also appreciate compliments about what we are doing right, and use these compliments to recognize our staff.
- Survey of Healthcare Experience of Patients (SHEP): A confidential questionnaire by mail asking you about your recent outpatient or inpatient care at our medical center or community based outpatient clinic.
- Veteran Signals (VSignals): Patients are randomly selected to participate in a survey after a face-to-face, telephone, VA Video Connect visit, or prescription refill.
- Press Ganey: Patients are randomly selected to participate in a survey about a recent visit.