Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Sugar Land VA Clinic
- Primary Care services for Veterans
- Behavioral Health services
- Women’s Health
- Virtual Care
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or My HealtheVet
- Laboratory: Blood drawing services available
How to Make AppointmentsCall Centralized Scheduling at 713-794-8985 or toll free 1-800-639-5137.
Emergency Situations/Urgent Care
The Sugar Land VA Outpatient Clinic is not equipped to handle life-threatening emergencies. If you have a life-threatening emergency, immediately call 911. To contact the VA Suicide Prevention Hotline 24-hours a day, seven days a week, please call 1-800-273-8255.
If you have medical problems after hours and cannot wait until your next appointment, you can speak with professionally trained registered nurses at the Clinical Contact Center to help answer your non-emergency, health care questions 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Dial (713) 794-8985 or toll-free 1 (800) 639-5137.
Clinical Contact Center and Centralized Scheduling (formerly Telecare): 713-794-8985 or toll-free 1-800-639-5137
Veterans Crisis Line: Toll-free 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Patient Visit Surveys
After your visit, you may receive a questionnaire or survey about your most recent visit. We encourage Veterans to use these surveys to let us know of any concerns, complaints, or questions you have about your care, so that we can resolve them. We also appreciate compliments about what we are doing right, and use these compliments to recognize our staff.
- Survey of Healthcare Experience of Patients (SHEP): A confidential questionnaire by mail asking you about your recent outpatient or inpatient care at our medical center or community based outpatient clinic.
- Veteran Signals (VSignals): Patients are randomly selected to participate in a survey after a face-to-face, telephone, VA Video Connect visit, or prescription refill.
- Press Ganey: Patients are randomly selected to participate in a survey about a recent visit.