Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Schedule a VA Appointment
There are many ways for Veterans to make health care appointments.
- If you don’t have VA health care benefits, you can apply now. Apply for VA health care.
- If you’re having a medical emergency, please call 911 or call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255, then press 1.
Schedule an Appointment
Follow the instructions on this page on how to make an appointment by phone at this facility.
VA now offers online appointment scheduling for some appointments. We hope to expand the number of VA facilities and types of appointments in the future.
If you have VA health care benefits, you can schedule your VA primary care appointments online if you:
- Are scheduling your appointment with a VA medical facility that accepts online scheduling, and
- Have had a primary care appointment at that VA facility within the last 2 years, and
- Have a My HealtheVet Premium account or DS Logon Premium account (used for eBenefits and milConnect)
With your online account, you’ll also be able to:
- Track the status of requests
- Send messages about requested appointments
- Get notifications about appointments
- Cancel appointments
Upgrade your Existing Accounts
Make, Change, Cancel or Reschedule an Appointment
If you are a NEW patient or returning after 2 years and would like to make an initial appointment, please visit our “Become A Patient page” for more information on how to enroll in the VA Health Care System and get your first appointment.
The Network Telecare & Appointment Center provides you with one telephone number to cancel or reschedule any clinic appointment you may have at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center (MEDVAMC) in Houston and all of our VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC).
If, for some reason, you cannot keep your scheduled follow-up appointment, please immediately call the Network Telecare & Appointment Center to reschedule and cancel. Please cancel at least 24 hours in advance so we can offer your appointment to another Veteran.
Network Telecare & Appointment Center
toll free 1 (800) 639-5137
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
Don’t forget to let your health care provider know when your address, telephone number, or other important contact information change.
Information to Help You Decide about Where to Receive Your Care
VA has a regularly updated Access to Care website that provides useful information that can help you to decide the best VA location for you to receive your care. Before making an appointment, you can find out the following information for a VA location:
- Wait times for primary care, mental health, and some of the commonest specialties
- If same day services are available in primary care and mental health
- If Telehealth is available in primary care and mental health
- If it has an emergency room
- Facility contact information
- Veteran satisfaction scores
- Quality information comparing each VA and local area non-VA healthcare facilities
VA is committed to give Veterans the access to care they need, when they need it. When you’re planning your care at VA, you can rely on us to give you the information you need to make informed health care decisions.