Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
A Modern New Food Management System
February 6, 2015
Beginning this week, inpatients at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center (MEDVAMC) will soon notice a number of changes and improvements with the facility’s meal service. The MEDVAMC began using a new software package called Computrition – a Food Service Management System designed to improve the quality and delivery of meals to our patients at the Medical Center and the residents at our Community Living Center.
“The new Computrition system will result in greater choices for our patients/residents,” said Caroline Nelson, Chief of Nutrition and Food Service at MEDVAMC. “We are always looking for ways to improve the quality and timeliness of the meals we provide our patients. This new system offers us one more step in providing exceptional health care to our Veterans.”
As a result of Computrition, patients will see:
• Changes in patient/resident meal tickets and posted menus
• Greater choices for patients/residents
• Improved control for patient allergies and food preferences
• The ability to use new standardized recipes which will enhance flavor of the finished product; and
• In the Community Living Center, gradual implementation of new dining options, including: buffet style meals and eventually, select menus.
For more information about the new Computrition program, call 713-791-1414, extension 25621.