Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Chaplain Services/Spiritual Care
As part of a Veteran’s Treatment Team, a Chaplain will provide professional, pastoral guidance to Veteran’s and their Families, and medical teams in support of the prescribed treatment plan. Chaplain Service offers the following:
- Worship Services
- Connect Veterans with spiritual leaders of a particular faith group, if requested
- Bedside visits
- Pre and post-operation visits
- Read/discuss scriptures
- Spiritual assessments
- Referrals from other members of the staff
- Grief counseling and bereavement support
- Spiritual crisis intervention
- End of life planning
- Quarterly Memorial Services
- Therapeutic Group Sessions
- TeleChaplaincy Finding Meaning Groups for Veterans assigned to Community Based Outpatient Clinics
Chaplain services are available seven days a week, 24 hours per day. A Chaplain is on call nightly to provide emergency patient care. To request to speak to a Chaplain, please call (713) 794-7125.
Monday-Friday: 11:00 a.m.
Saturday: 3:30 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m.
Tuesday Gospel: 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 12:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:30 a.m.
Friday Zuhr/Jumu’ah: 2:00 p.m.
- 2nd Floor Chapel
Hours of Operation
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week