Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center - Houston, Texas
Women who have served in the Armed Forces are eligible for a variety of veterans benefits. VA actively encourages women to utilize the benefits due them.
The Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center recognizes the importance of the contributions made by women Veterans in the service to their country and the price many have paid to preserve our freedoms.
- Women’s Health Center
- Menopause management and hormone replacement therapy
- Gender specific care and education
- Cancer screening
- Gynecology services
- Breast exams and mammography. Schedule an appointment by calling 713-791-1414, extension 22471 or 22594. Or you can walk-in every Friday from 1:30-3:30 p.m. No appointment required! Women age 40 and over are eligible for an annual screening mammogram.
- Reproductive health care
- Pap Smears
- Contraceptive services
- Osteoporosis evaluation and treatment
- Prosthetic services
- Infertility evaluation and limited treatment
- Maternity care benefits
- Counseling and treatment for sexual trauma and assault occurred during military service
- PTSD and Substance abuse treatment and counseling
- Readjustment counseling
- Women's Inpatient Specialty Environment of Recovery (WISER)
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
VA welcomes women Veterans. We are committed to providing high-quality services in a sensitive and safe environment at all VA facilities. Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA medical center to assist women Veterans with questions and coordinate services (see contact information on this page).
Each woman Veteran is assigned a Women’s Health Primary Care Provider. These experienced providers are trained to deliver comprehensive primary care, as well as routine women’s health care. You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) where a provider, nurse, and others will work with you to manage your health care:
- Primary care: general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: immunizations and cancer screenings (breast and cervical), osteoporosis screening and management
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control, family planning, and preconception counseling
Learn more about the gender-specific services VA has to offer
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Health and Wellness
- Maternity Care
- Military Sexual Trauma
Women Veterans Call Center
The Women Veterans Call Center provides women Veterans information about VA services and resources, benefits, and eligibility. The toll-free line is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. ET and on Saturdays 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Please see our Women Veterans Call Center website or call 855-VA-WOMEN (855-829-6636). Call, chat, or text are all available.